[QA] PageObjects in mobile browser tests

Juliusz Gonera jgonera at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 14 21:40:15 UTC 2014

Hi,

I was wondering if we need that many PageObjects in mobile browser
tests. In my opinion we should only have PageObjects for pages that
actually exist, such as:

* HomePage (or MainPage)
* ArticlePage
* UploadsPage
* etc.

There are a bunch of PageObjects that don't actually represent pages,
but kind of mirror features:

* CreateArticlePage
* EditPage
* LanguagePage
* NotificationPage
* RandomPage

I think all the elements from those page objects belong to the
ArticlePage. Furthermore, to avoid repeating things that are shared
everywhere (e.g. notifications icon), we could have a BasePage from
which all the other page objects could inherit. What do you think? I can
work on refactoring this if you agree.

--
Juliusz