[QA] Help setting up Git

S Page spage at wikimedia.org
Thu Aug 7 19:56:34 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Muzammil Rajwadkar <muzzymon at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Oh, it was because when I was following the guide, it was using the vim
> command at the start:
>
> vim Example/Example.body.php
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/Tutorial#Make_and_commit_your_change

D'oh! Fixed.
You should use any editor you like, so long as it doesn't introduce
spurious changes (messing up tabs, changing line endings) when you edit
source files. git diff will indicate if this is happening.

> But when I did tried to paste that command: vim Example/Example.body.php
> in the git bash but then I got an error:
>
> E303: Unable to open swap file for "Example\Example.body.php", recovery
> impossib
> "Example\Example.body.php" [New DIRECTORY]
> Press ENTER or type command to continue

Should you want to give vim another try, the problem could be
http://superuser.com/questions/364879/how-to-open-a-new-file-in-gvim-e303-unable-to-open-swap-file

--
=S Page  Features engineer