[QA] Help setting up Git

Muzammil Rajwadkar muzzymon at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 4 14:41:10 UTC 2014

Thanks for the replies. Apologies for the late response but I was away over the weekend and just resumed this setup today.
I did check and there appears to be a .ssh folder already there but when I ran muzzymon at gerrit.wikimedia.org -p 29418 -v I got this error:$ muzzymon at gerrit.wikimedia.org -p 29418 -vsh.exe": muzzymon at gerrit.wikimedia.org: command not found
Do I need to solve the above issue before I can continue with the setup below?
Well, I am on the section "Preparing to work with Gerrit":http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/Tutorial#Prepare_to_work_with_gerritIt has a link just below it for gerrit/git review which I have taken the time to follow the instructions:http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/git-review#Windows
I have installed python and pip. It talks about the scripts for the system path (e.g. C:\Python27\Scripts\). It looks like it has easyinstall, git-review and pip files by default in my scripts folder. Do I need to anything else here?
One section where I have felt it doesnt explain much was on the setting up git-review page:http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/git-review#Setting_up_git-review
It mentions the following sentence: "Gerrit tutorial recommends adding a git-review config file (.gitreview) telling git review to use "origin" as its default remote."
I found two of these files already on my PC but not sure which file location to edit. Would it be either in the: wikimedia\examples or in the wikimedia\core section? and would the file inside it look like this:
[gerrit]host=gerrit.wikimedia.orgport=29418project=test/mediawiki/extensions/examples.gitdefaultbranch=masterdefaultrebase=0defaultremote = origin
I added in the defaultremote = origin line myself but does that look correct?
-Muz