[QA] run browser tests against production Wikipedia?

Greg Grossmeier greg at wikimedia.org
Thu Sep 19 20:27:46 UTC 2013

<quote name="Chris McMahon" date="2013-09-19" time="12:57:58 -0700">
> Open question:  is it worthwhile to run read-only browser tests against the
> production wiki, e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org?
>
> At one point we thought a couple of sanity checks would be valuable in
> production, but since then our deployment process that updates test2wiki
> weekly may be be adequate for the purpose.
>
> Tests currently running in prod:
>
> PDF
> Print export menu
> PageTriage
> Preferences

I see no reason not to. I appreciate Nik's reasoning/experience as well.

Is there something that these tests are causing that we don't want?

Greg

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| identi.ca: @greg                A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |