[QA] Help trying to reproduce?

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Tue Sep 17 16:54:19 UTC 2013

Hi,

We are encountering an occasional issue with the VisualEditor that is very
difficult to reproduce manually.  I am hoping that if we can request you QA
fans to try, we might get some more information.   The steps to reproduce
are:

* Use a modern version of Chrome.  The issue does not appear in Firefox.
* Use the beta labs host http://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org
* Navigate to beta labs main page
* Click the link to your user page (user page should exist)

* Tab/link saying "Edit/beta" should exist on the user page but does not.
 Only the "Edit source" tab is there.

If anyone can reproduce the issue, please note any javascript errors that
might appear on the page, or other unusual circumstances.

Thanks for the help,
-Chris