[QA] Pair programming Friday for fun and profit

Željko Filipin zfilipin at wikimedia.org
Tue Nov 26 19:19:57 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 10:36 AM, <vernon at virtesting.com> wrote:

> Yeah I spotted that too :) This seems like an appropriate time for a quick
> report on last Friday's pairing session...
>
> Zeljko and I paired up last Friday (22/11/13) and did some exploratory
> testing on Visual Editor. I had noticed something a little odd with the
> link on the Pair programming Friday for fun and profit<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Pair_programming_Friday_for_fun_and_profit>page so we focused on that.
>
> First though, Zeljko gave me a quick tour of Mediawiki/Wikipedia and
> explained how the environments worked andwhat they were used for. I
> created a Bugzilla account in the background while he was doing that. He
> also explained a little bit about how teams are structured.
>
> Once that was done we were able to start investigating the potential bug. After
> running a few tests and experimenting with a few things (e.g.,
> environmental? Number of words in the link? How did the links differ? etc),
> we successfully isolated the bug - good times! I found my first Wikipedia
> bug :)
>
> Once we'd checked there were no dupes, I raised the bug. We had a quick
> debrief and Zeljko advised me on what tasks to follow up on next time I do
> some Wikipedia work.
>
> I'd advise anyone that needs to pair up with Zeljko. The next step is to
> become familiar enough with the Wikimedia ecosystem to do some pairing with
> other new folks and start increasing the Zeljko number :)

Vern,

this is probably the best report that we had so far! Thanks! :)

I would like to take this opportunity to remind members of the list that I
am still available for pairing this Friday. Remember the rules. (No, not
the "Rules are meant to be broken" one, but "First-come, first-served" one.)

Željko
--
1:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Pair_programming_Friday_for_fun_and_profit#Rules