[QA] Workshop today: pre-briefing

Rachel Thomas rachelqa99 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 15:57:17 UTC 2013

I tested it, but only with the version with the bug in it. I did not
realize it was fixed until after I had it installed.   I had a lot of
problems just getting the intstallation to work, so it took quite some
time. For one thing, I put the VirtualBox directory under Program Files
first.   The vagrant installer did not like the fact that there was a space
in that directory name, so it kept bombing out on the VBoxManage command in
the installer.   When i did reinstall it under c:\VirtualBox,  then the
installer worked.  So, you might want to warn users to install VirtualBox
in a directory name without a space.

 Also, when I tried to redo Vagrant install, there were many problems with
old files hanging around, and preventing reinstall so there is that problem
as well.  I think I had to delete some old files to get it to work.

I will retry the Vagrant install later with updated sw.

--Rachel

*Gnome FOSS Outreach Program for Women Intern
Browser Test Automation, Wikimedia Foundation*