[QA] Workshop today: pre-briefing

Quim Gil qgil at wikimedia.org
Thu Jul 18 14:00:56 UTC 2013

Hi, in about two hours we will start the

Browser Testing Automation workshop with Cucumber
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Meetings/2013-07-18

There are 11 people that have signed up. Other participants can still
join us.

Two important details:

1. You are expected to have your environment setup BEFORE the workshop.
If you haven't done it you still have time, but it does take some time
(and some luck, depending on your system). [*]

2. In addition to the Etherpad for typing code and chatting, we will use
a Google Hangout for voice / screensharing. If you haven't tried Hangout
yet, do it before the workshop. I will be logged to the hangout 10
minutes before the workshop, happy to invite and help getting in everybody.

In case of problems you can find me (qgil) on IRC at #wikimedia-dev.

See you later!

[*] I just completed the Vagrant route alone on my laptop, running
Ubuntu. It was the first time I did anything with VirtualBox and
Vagrant. It involved large downloads and some patience addressing error
messages. But the instructions were good enough and now I'm ready for
the workshop. Then I had problems registering an account at
http://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/ but after complaining on IRC an
admin made (something) and then I could create the account just as
usual. No big deal, but the process took a lot more time than expected.

--
Quim Gil
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation