[QA] resizing big images will get faster next week

Greg Grossmeier greg at wikimedia.org
Mon Jul 15 17:00:36 UTC 2013

<quote name="Ċ½eljko Filipin" date="2013-07-15" time="14:37:30 +0200">
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 12:32 AM, Greg Grossmeier <greg at wikimedia.org>wrote:
>
> > Yes :) There are some bugs reported thus far, reproducing and writing
> > tests for them would be great.
>

> "Yes" to all of my questions? :)

Yep :P But seriously, just "help greatly appreciated, where ever you
can".

> Is there a repository of big images that we can use to test, or should we
> create random big images?

Either create/find them online is probably easiest.

> I am a bit confused. What should be the workflow? Something like this?
>
> - Upload any big image. (Is there recommended sizes in pixels and/or MB?
> Can we skip this step and reuse images already uploaded?)
> - Use the special page[1] to resize the image.
> - See if anything is broken.

Yeah, that works.

Recommendation on size: >= 50meg png

There might be more later, pending the bugs that are reported right now:
http://ur1.ca/enncp

Greg

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| identi.ca: @greg                A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |