[QA] Subject for another workshop?

Tomislav Plavcic tplavcic at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 20:32:50 UTC 2013

On 04.07.2013 00:39, Chris McMahon wrote:
> One suggestion I have is a workshop on analyzing why tests fail.  At
> any given time we almost always have failing builds at
> https://wmf.ci.cloudbees.com .  (Right now we have a lot of failing
> builds, some of them are because of real bugs, some are not.)
>
> I think it would be interesting to have a session where we look at the
> error messages in Jenkins that our automation tools produce; relate
> that information to the code in that test; relate the code to what the
> browser did in the test; and then tell a story about what made the
> test fail.
>
> What do you think?

As already stated this is a great subject for the workshop and to me it
would help a lot.
Because, what is the point if you can write a test which is sometimes
passing and sometimes failing and you're not sure if the problem is in
the test or in the app?
So I vote for this workshop to be early in the schedule (I don't think
the next one which is already agreed).

Kind regards,

--
Tomislav Plavcic
Theoretically, if I cut costs enough we'll be profitable without selling any products... Dilbert