[Pywikipedia-l] Category.py misbehaviour

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 15:55:25 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 9:50 PM, Bináris <wikiposta at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to empty a category with category.py remove. I have just installed
> the latest Pywiki from nightlies and I have cosmetic changes switched off.
> Why does it punish me like this?
>
> http://hu.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Abraham_Lincoln&diff=prev&oldid=10035834
> It relocates linkFAs among categories. I just want to delete a category,
> pls help!

It happens that category.py (and in general bots that work on categories)
work by getting a list of the categories and interwikis, then adding or
removing on the list of categories, and then re-creating the page by putting
the part that is not category or interwiki on top, then the categories, then
the interwikis.

André Engels, andreengels at gmail.com