[Pywikipedia-l] Request for feedback on rewrite branch

info at gno.de info at gno.de
Thu Apr 15 16:13:35 UTC 2010

Hi Russel,

the main reason not to join to the rewrite branch is, I did not got it running yet. I get an importError for simplejson. And I have no idea seting PYTHONPATH playing with idle. Whereas the trunk is easy to use: install python, download the bot and expand it, run it. This is the usability I would expect.

Most of the scripts are out of date since they are modified in trunk but not actualized at rewrite. I guess both forks have to be developed in parallel for a while until all (main) scripts are merged. I could supporting the rewrite development but since I could not test that stuff I wouldn't.

However, I have reservations about the effect that the development for older mw versions are cut.

Regards