[Pywikipedia-l] [Pywikipedia-svn] SVN: [6913]trunk/pywikipedia/families/wikipedia_family.py

Russell Blau russblau at imapmail.org
Thu May 21 15:14:21 UTC 2009

"Nicolas Dumazet" <nicdumz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm thinking about using MediaWiki:Disambiguationspage for all
> languages. Would you see any inconvenients?
>
> Maintaining by hand the disambiguation templates is a pain, when
> simply fetching this special page does the trick.

I agree, but the catch is that the users of the wiki have to maintain the
list on MediaWiki:Disambiguationspage, or else the bot won't identify
dab-pages correctly.  That's why it has to be enabled on a wiki-by-wiki
basis; someone should check that the list is up to date on a particular wiki
before enabling the use of this option.

Russ