[Pywikipedia-l] [ pywikipediabot-Feature Requests-2531112 ] interwiki.py - allow to combine -new with -namespace

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 29 22:39:23 UTC 2009

Feature Requests item #2531112, was opened at 2009-01-23 13:51
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by purodha
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=603141&aid=2531112&group_id=93107

not just the latest update.
>Category: interwiki
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Since the list of new pages supports selection of name spaces now, the api does it anyways, please allow interwiki.py the same.

While I believe, a page generator of new pages should be flexible enough to return pages of all name spaces upon 1 request, I suggest not to use this functionallity in interwiki.py for securing against unwanted interwikilinking of talk pages, and creating (usually wrong) interwiki links of template pages (where <noinclude> wold be usually required but is not added automatically, only left in place and used, if it is aready there)