[Pywikipedia-l] [ pywikipediabot-Bugs-1985308 ] Bot does not properly stay logged in (cookies)

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 27 16:40:07 UTC 2009

Bugs item #1985308, was opened at 2008-06-05 12:39
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by vargenau
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=603138&aid=1985308&group_id=93107

not just the latest update.
Category: General
Group: None

Initial Comment:
My bot (r5514) does not stay properly logged in!

My first thought was this is because of the API_login, but it happens also for the normal login method. Is this maybe caused by SUL?

Or maybe by the following change?
http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/pywikipedia?view=rev&revision=5514

See fa.wikipedia.org/wiki/بحث_کاربر:MelancholieBot#IP_contribution

Comment By: Marc-Etienne Vargenau (vargenau)
Date: 2009-01-27 17:40

Message:
Bug still present for me also (Escarbot).

My way to solve it:
1) remove all files in login-data directory
2) python login.py -all -pass

Best regards,

Marc-Etienne

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2009-01-27 12:48

Message:
yes, the bug is still there. e.g. NobelBot made some edits under anon IP in
some wikis. cf.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=30_Rock&oldid=266368735 and
http://da.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=30_Rock&oldid=2787208

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2009-01-27 10:03

Message:
I've noticed several times that AWB session (rather than browser sessions),
if logged in with bot's account, may destroy interwiki bot's login data
triggering it to make edits under anonymous IP. Haven't tested if this
behaviour still remains with recent pywikipedia revisions.

Comment By: siebrand (siebrand)