[Pywikipedia-l] [ pywikipediabot-Bugs-2564757 ] redirect.py edits twice

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 24 13:18:17 UTC 2009

Bugs item #2564757, was opened at 2009-02-04 17:47
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=603138&aid=2564757&group_id=93107

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
If redirect-bot detects a self loop in method fix_double_redirects, it edits twice if sd_template and sd_tagging_sum is defined for the processed language. One for putting the template and one fixing the redirect which is wrong. Of cause it removes the linefeed behind the template the second edit will be done. This diff-link gives an example for that: [http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Vitamin_K_reactions&diff=prev&oldid=268449460]
A quick and dirty fix would be changing the line

    else:
        break # TODO Better implement loop redirect

    break # TODO Better implement loop redirect

(delete else: and reduce 1 indention)

but there are no tests or exception handling. I think this is meant by "# TODO Better implement loop redirect"

[w:de:User:Xqt]

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
I think this is solved in patch request 2219082.