[Pywikipedia-l] [IMPORTANT] Pywikipedia mailing list changes

Nicolas Dumazet nicdumz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 05:15:07 UTC 2009

Hello!

(Apologies for cross-posting)

Following [1] the traffic of pywikipedia-l mailing-list has been split.
Instead of a single mailing-list, we now have 4 different lists:

=== pywikipedia-announce [2] ===
This list will have a minimal traffic.
It will only be used for important announcements, e.g. breaking changes.
One mail a month, at most.
We would like every pywikipedia user to subscribe to this list.

=== pywikipedia-l [3] ===
Human discussion on pywikipedia topic.
This includes support, follow-ups to announcements, follow-ups to svn
commits, and developer discussions.
Moderate traffic, usually no more than a couple of mails a week in average.

=== pywikipedia-bugs [4] ===
Automated mails sent by bug trackers on each bug state change.
Until now, these mails were sent to pywikipedia-l with the "[
pywikipediabot-*-* ]"  title prefix.
High traffic.
Only users interested in pywikipedia development should subscribe.

Sourceforge trackers have already been updated.

=== pywikipedia-svn [6] ===
One automated mail is sent to that list after each pywikipedia SVN commit.
Until now, these mails were sent to pywikipedia-l with the "SVN:
[xxxx]" title prefix.
High traffic.
Only users interested in pywikipedia development should subscribe.

SVN commit hooks have already been updated.

=== In short ===
Splitting pywikipedia-l traffic, make sure to subscribe to
pywikipedia-announce to receive important announcements.

Follow-ups to pywikipedia-l please.

Thanks =)
--
Nicolas Dumazet — NicDumZ [ nɪk.d̪ymz ]