[Pywikipedia-l] [ pywikipediabot-Patches-2762697 ] Stability in wikipedia.py

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 14 18:15:19 UTC 2009

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by drtrigon
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=603140&aid=2762697&group_id=93107

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Recently I've had some problems with the stability of 'wikipedia.put(...)' sometimes this method had some issues and that killed my bot.
I was able to track the problem down to 'wikipedia._getEditPage(...)' and following code (in 'wikipedia.py' around line 725):

********************************
        while not textareaFound:
            text = self.site().getUrl(path, sysop = sysop)

            if text.find("<title>Wiki does not exist</title>") != -1:
                raise NoSuchSite(u'Wiki %s does not exist yet' % self.site())
********************************

and I have changed it that way, to hold my bot/script running:

********************************
        while not textareaFound:
            try:
                text = self.site().getUrl(path, sysop = sysop)
            except:
                time.sleep(1)
                continue

            if text.find("<title>Wiki does not exist</title>") != -1:
                raise NoSuchSite(u'Wiki %s does not exist yet' % self.site())

and I am "pretty" sure that this solved my problem. :)

Probably you are also intressted in this solution?! I would assume that the delay of 1sec is neither critical nor needed.

Greetings
DrTrigon

Date: 2009-04-14 20:15

Message:
Sorry was NOT 'wikipedia.put(...)' was 'wikipedia.get(...)' !