[Pywikipedia-l] [Wikibots-l] Important update: Flagged Revisions extension on dewiki

Daniel Herding DHerding at gmx.de
Thu May 8 00:45:16 UTC 2008

Am Donnerstag 08 Mai 2008 schrieb Mark Wagner:
> On 5/7/08, Daniel Herding <DHerding at gmx.de> wrote:

> >  as you might know, the Flagged Revisions extension has recently been
> > enabled on the German Wikipedia. A minor change to the PyWikipediaBot was
> > required so that bots work properly with that extension. I have done this
> > change and committed it to SVN as revision 5330.
>
> For those of us who aren't using PyWikipediaBot and who aren't
> familiar with the structure of its code, what is the nature of the
> change?

In the HTML of the edit page, there is a new hidden form element, called
baseRevId, for example:

<input name="baseRevId" type="hidden" value="45774514" />

You can also retrieve this revision ID from the XML that is returned by
[[Special:Export]].

When you post a page, you should include this revision ID in your POST
request.

When your bot account has a bot flag or an editor flag ("Sichter-Flag" in
German), or both, and it edits a page which has been recently reviewed, the
resulting page will then automatically be marked as reviewed as well. This
makes life easier for people who patrol recent changes etc., as they don't
have to review bot changes.

Cheers

Daniel