[Pywikipedia-l] [ pywikipediabot-Feature Requests-1910658 ] Change links pointing to redirect pages

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Jul 19 02:59:21 UTC 2008

Feature Requests item #1910658, was opened at 2008-03-09 17:00
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by leogregianin
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=603141&aid=1910658&group_id=93107

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hello,

I'm admin on mediawiki site on my companie's intranet.

I have renamed a lot of pages to integrate them in a new namespace.
As a result i have a lot of links that link to the olds names of the pages which are became redirect pages.

That's a problem for us and for cosmetic reason i have to update all this links to link directly on the renamed pages.
I dont have found a pywikipedia script who can do this ?

Perhaps the idea is to collect all the redirect page like pywikepedia do it for the double redirect ones
and scan all the pages in the wiki to see if they point to one of this redirect page to finally change this links in consequence..

Thanks for your help

Best regards