[Pywikipedia-l] namespaces in family file

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 12:25:38 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 1:00 PM, Chris Watkins
<chriswaterguy at appropedia.org> wrote:

> Thanks. Is there any reason that the namespace parameter requires a number?
> I would seem simpler to me to just use the text form (e.g.
> -namespace:Appropedia_talk ) and not need to have this code in the family
> file.

That makes it possible to compare when namespaces on different wikis
are 'the same' namespace. You probably won't need it, but for example
on Wikipedia the bots check whether a language link is to a page in
the same or in another namespace.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644 -- Skype: a_engels