[Pywikipedia-l] [ pywikipediabot-Bugs-1879122 ] Double redirect fixes not coding special characters in EO.WP

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 26 02:49:53 UTC 2008

Bugs item #1879122, was opened at 2008-01-24 14:26
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by andreasjs
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=603138&aid=1879122&group_id=93107

not just the latest update.
Category: other
Group: None

Initial Comment:
A user of the Esperanto Wikipedia alerted me to this problem.
The command:

redirect.py -lang:eo double

messes up redirects to articles containing the special character convention in Esperanto sx, cx, ux, etc.. Check this edit made by my bot:

http://eo.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Steindorf&action=edit&oldid=1445034

Instead of using the special character 'Ŝ', it mangles it as 'Sxx' (not even 'Sx'), causing it to be broken (I believe it's even not well interpreted by the Wiki, because 'Sxx' is being rendered as 'Sx').