[Pywikipedia-l] [ pywikipediabot-Feature Requests-1820863 ] interwiki with a xml dump file

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 16 16:42:15 UTC 2008

Feature Requests item #1820863, was opened at 2007-10-26 21:07
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by wikipedian
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=603141&aid=1820863&group_id=93107

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
When interwiki works, it requests the page on the network. When it uses hundreds or thousands of pages (with -start:! for example), this can be a significant  servers charge.
Can I ask to interwiki to use an XML file dump. This would increase the speed of the application, and so, interwiki do need only to ask the pages of the other languages.