[Pywikipedia-l] [ pywikipediabot-Bugs-1867154 ] zh interwikis

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 11 15:21:29 UTC 2008

Bugs item #1867154, was opened at 2008-01-08 21:41
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by rotemliss
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=603138&aid=1867154&group_id=93107

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
interwiki.py seems to encounter problems fetching zh: interwikis.

Last stack line is :
WARNING: No text area found on zh.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=%E5%92%92%E8%AF%AD%E5%8A%9B%E9%87%8F&action=edit. Maybe the server is down. Retrying in 4 minutes...

And the linked page prints
"拒绝访问
维基百科,自由的百科全书
跳转到: 导航, 搜索

根据以下的原因,您并无权限去做以下的动作:
本网站对创建新页面的权限进行了限制。您可以编辑已有的页面,或者注册一个账号创建新页面。",

 which, according to google translation, means :

"Access denied
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

According to the following reasons, you have no authority to do the following actions:
This site on the creation of new pages authority has also been limited. You can edit an existing page, or sign up for an account to create new pages."

The fact is that it tries over and over, and time between 2 retries are longer and longer (30 minutes !).

This zh issue should get fixed, but also, I think that some -maxwait parameter should be added. I run interwiki.py on a distant server, and I only check its state once or twice a day : I can't afford to wait 30 minutes between two edits, when the run is unattended... :)

Thanks a lot,

Nicolas Dumazet.

Comment By: Rotem Liss (rotemliss)