[Pywikipedia-l] [ pywikipediabot-Bugs-1771889 ] Problems with namespaces in wikipedia.py

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Dec 29 12:28:51 UTC 2007

Bugs item #1771889, was opened at 2007-08-10 17:20
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by falk_steinhauer
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=603138&aid=1771889&group_id=93107

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I am using snapshot 2007-06-19:

In our wiki we are using title prefixes for articles that are not in german. They are Fr: (French) and En: (Englisch).

One of our French articles marks the end of a subarticle of [[Special:All Pages]] (see here: http://www.wiki-aventurica.de/index.php?title=Spezial:Alle_Seiten)

If I am using commandline option -start:! the script runs into a recursion. After Fr:xxxx is yielded the script whishes to continue with article xxxx, which is in my case alphabetically before Fr:xxxx. You can see, that this leads to a recursion. If xxxx is after Fr:xxxx, some articles might be skipped.

I detected the reponsible line of code:
wikipedia.py   line 3504
                # save the last hit, so that we know where to continue when we
                # finished all articles on the current page. Append a '!' so that
                # we don't yield a page twice.
                start = Page(self,hit).titleWithoutNamespace() + '!'

Maybe this can also be fixed in titleWithoutNamespace()

Is it necessary to cut off the namespace?