[Pywikipedia-l] [ pywikipediabot-Bugs-1851933 ] Bug in catlib.py (Problems with caching-mechanism)

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Dec 16 18:08:10 UTC 2007

Bugs item #1851933, was opened at 2007-12-16 17:49
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by falk_steinhauer
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=603138&aid=1851933&group_id=93107

not just the latest update.
Category: category
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I detected a bug in catlib.py that is due to the caching-functionality.
Line 132 (if not page in cache:) causes problems.

If an article is part of [[Category:A]] and [[Category:B]] and a script iterates over both categories, the article is not yielded by catB.articles() because it was cached during an earlier call of catA.articles().

It would be better if the call of catB.articles() really yields all articles in this category, because sometimes the plain names of the articles are of interest.

I did not fix the bug by myself, because I do not understand the caching-mechanism by now.

My view of the sources is on revision 4720 (updated today).