[pywikibot] Deprecating and removing branch 2.0

MarcoAurelio strigiwm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 20:11:17 UTC 2017

(Apologies if you receive this message duplicate)

Dear bot operators and pywikibot users:

I hope that this email find you well.

I'd like to announce that the branch 2.0 of pywikibot-core is being
proposed for deprecation and deletion. The reasons for this are that
2.0 is years ahead from our master branch, and has since no longer
been mantained.

If any of you still use this branch or depends on it, the pywikibot
mantainers advice you to switch to the currently mantained master
branch of pywikibot which can be located at
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/diffusion/PWBC/>.

It has been proposed that the deprecation and deletion of the 2.0
branch happen in 2 weeks from the sending of this email. If you'd like
to flag any issues, problems or opposition to this please comment on
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T169734>.

Best regards,
- M. A.