[MediaWiki-l] Restoring a mediawiki site

Pascal GREGIS grapos at free.fr
Fri Jul 31 18:17:59 UTC 2020

Hi,

Tnaks Brian.
Unfortunately I don't have access to the server, only via http and ftp.
So I guess the best I could do in a first time would be to set up an Apache + MySQL installation on my computer to restore my wiki and test the restoration locally. I have been reluctant to do it until now because I'm not cumfortable with setting up Apache, I have some souvenirs of it being quite painful but hopefully my souvenirs have no reason to be.
If it comes to work and my restoration to be all right, I would be reassured to know that my backups are valid and complete and give me time to find a solution to the restoration part.
Just one thing, do you confirm that xml dumps are of no use for my backup / restore issue ?

And yes, I know there are some other elements to backup, already done for the LocalSettings, and to be done for images and extensions but it's not a big issue in my case, I have very few.

Regards

Pascal