[MediaWiki-l] Restoring a mediawiki site

Robert Vogel vogel at hallowelt.com
Tue Jul 14 05:59:36 UTC 2020


Hello!

To get a more detailed error message, please set

 $wgShowSQLErrors = true;
 $wgDebugDumpSql  = true;
 $wgShowExceptionDetails = true;
 $wgShowDBErrorBacktrace = true;

in your `LocalSettings.php` file.
Did you run `maintenance/update.php` on you new wiki? Maybe it's just a schema change that needs to be applied.

Maybe these links are helpful:

- https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Backing_up_a_wiki
- https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Restoring_a_wiki_from_backup
- https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading#Run_the_update_script

Good luck,
Robert

Am Montag, den 13.07.2020, 19:43 +0200 schrieb Pascal GREGIS:

Hello,


I have tried to restore one of my wiki sites for testing, because I've always learnt that a non-tested backup is a useless backup.


I have exported my database named pascal_wikidb using phpmyadmin on my host site and obtained an sql file.

Then I have tried to import this sql file on another database (on the same host site) named pascal_dbtest. I have had hard time doing it because the import function of phpmyadmin doesn't work well with lynx, but that is another story. Using Firefox, I managed to do it still with an error message (I don't remember this message and I cannot reproduce easily this operation); so I wasn't sure my restoration was complete.

I then imported pascal_dbtest and it sounded complete when looking at the sql file, except that there are only 5 "ALTER TABLE" in it, instaed of a few dozens in the file exported from pascal_wikidb. Anyway it's hard to compare at a manual glance.


So I changed the LocalSettings.php of my wiki site to have it pointing on pascal_dbtest instead of pascal_wikidb :


$wgDBname = "pascal_dbtest";

$wgDBuser = "pascal_testwiki";

$wgDBpassword = "Undiscloed_password"


I opened my wiki with the normal URL, I managed to log in, but I couldn't modify any page, when I try I get :

"Alert: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error"

then  (this is a translation back to english, sorry)

«

A database request error occured. It could have been caused by something wrong in the software.

[1cd8b80a4379c26549677281] 2020-07-13 17:30:10: Fatal erreur of type "DBQueryError"

»


Is there any procedure to follow to restore a wiki installation from a database backup?

Or is it likely to be caused by a corruption in my database backup?


I precise that I almost eliminated the hypothesis of an error in the user's permissions on this database.


Thanks in advance for any answer


Regards


Pascal GRÉGIS



_______________________________________________

MediaWiki-l mailing list

To unsubscribe, go to:

https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l


--

Robert Vogel Team Lead Product and Software Development   Hallo Welt! GmbH Postfach 11 02 09
93015 Regensburg Germany   Telefon: +49 (0) 941 - 660 80-0 Fax: +49 (0) 941 - 660 80-189   hallowelt.com vogel at hallowelt.com   Sitz: Regensburg Amtsgericht: Regensburg Handelsregister: HRB 10467 E.USt.Nr.: DE 253050833 Geschäftsführer: Anja Ebersbach, Markus Glaser, Dr. Richard Heigl   Besuchen Sie unsere aktuellen BlueSpice-Webinare: https://de.bluespice.com/webinar


More information about the MediaWiki-l mailing list