[MediaWiki-l] [Wikitech-l] MediaWiki 1.35 Branch Cut and Release

Evan Prodromou eprodromou at wikimedia.org
Mon Jul 6 18:22:25 UTC 2020

Hey, all. This is the roughly 1-week "pencils down" warning for the
upcoming MediaWiki 1.35 release branch cut.

The branch cut is scheduled to be made on 14 July 2020 at 02:00 UTC.

(That's late on 13 July in the Americas and parts of the Pacific. Timezones
are like magic, aren't they?)

After that point, new features won't be merged into 1.35; the master branch
will become part of the 1.36 release.

If you have tickets that are tagged for `mw-1.35-release`, please finish
them, untag them, or reach out to get them resolved.*

After the branch cut, bug fixes will be manually ported, but feature
changes won't.

Thanks for your work on and interest in MediaWiki.

-Evan

* See https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/mw-1.35-release/ for details.