[MediaWiki-l] formatter URL for external Identifiers

Lydia Pintscher Lydia.Pintscher at wikimedia.de
Thu Jul 26 09:38:34 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 4:33 PM Srinivas Desiraju
<srinivas.desiraju at pst.ag> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>            Is there any documentation or a link i could visit to
> understand the concept  of how the formatter URL works in wikibase for
> external identifiers and what extensions or configuration needs  to be
> done to enable it. On wikidata we see that any external identifier with
> a value on click redirects to the corresponding external domain page and
> this functionality is missing from our local installation of mediawiki
> with wikibase. Any assistance would be of help.

Sorry for only getting back to you now. You can see Wikidata's config
here: https://noc.wikimedia.org/conf/highlight.php?file=Wikibase-production.php
There you will see a config for formatterUrlProperty which defines the
property that us used to hold the formatter URL for a property. On
Wikidata it is then used in this way:
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P345#P1630

Cheers
Lydia

Product Manager for Wikidata

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24
10963 Berlin
www.wikimedia.de

Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207.