[MediaWiki-l] How to remove the CheckUser group on a wiki?

[kgh] mediawiki at kghoffmeyer.de
Wed Jul 25 14:42:25 UTC 2018

Heiya Amanda,

this should help in your case:

$wgExtensionFunctions[] = function() {
	if( array_key_exists( 'checkuser', $GLOBALS['wgGroupPermissions'] ) ) {
		unset( $GLOBALS['wgGroupPermissions']['checkuser'] );
	}
};

I remove the staff group provided by the EditAccount extension
similarily without issues. I guess this has to be done every time an
extension adds a new user group.

Cheers Karsten