[MediaWiki-l] How to delete erroneous file 'Common.css'?

Greg Rundlett (freephile) greg at freephile.com
Mon Jul 23 15:19:41 UTC 2018

> > I'm now coming to the belief that it possibly relates to how I set up
> > wiki-tgmeds. I set up wiki-drugfacts and got it working as I wanted, and
> > then I created the wiki-tgmeds directory at /var/www/html/wiki-tgmeds
> > and then proceeded to manually populate the directory with an install of
> > the mediawiki files, from when I expanded and extracted
> > 'mediawiki-1.31.0.tar.gz'. I found the site on localhost in my browser
> > and then just proceeded to create a new 'LocalSettings.php'. And once
> > the site was up and running I created one article but wasn't able to get
> > the text to wrap around the TOC, which started me off on my quest to get
> > 'Common.css' working properly.
> >
> > So to recap, how can I delete the erroneous 'Commons.css' file on
> > wiki-tgmeds' please
> >
> > Thanks
> > Sharon.

Please note: the file you wish to create to adjust text-wrapping is
MediaWiki:Common.css

MediaWiki:Common.css is a file "on wiki"; which administrators can edit in
the browser.
It contains CSS that will apply to the entire wiki.
It's in the 'MediaWiki' namespace (as opposed to 'Main', 'Project',
'Template', 'Talk', 'User', etc.)
It's singular (not to be confused with the Wikimedia Commons
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page>, where all free files can be
found. )

~ Greg