[MediaWiki-l] [Wikitech-l] New extension, VEForAll, enables VisualEditor for use in other textareas

Yaron Koren yaron at wikiworks.com
Wed Jul 18 13:17:13 UTC 2018

Hi,

Oh, okay - the fact that you had included the wikitech-l mailing list on
this thread made me think that maybe you thought it could already be used
on Wikipedia, etc., but clearly that's not the case.

I don't see any reason why you could not call the relevant JavaScript
function ("applyVisualEditor()") from a JS wiki page like
MediaWiki:Common.js, so my guess is that it would work, but you never
really know until someone tries it out.

-Yaron

‪On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 8:52 AM ‫יגאל חיטרון‬‎ <khitron at post.bgu.ac.il>