[MediaWiki-l] Lua/Scribunto

Stephan Gambke s7eph4n at protonmail.com
Wed Jul 18 07:23:15 UTC 2018

Protoypes is a good pointer. Thanks!

I didn't find any automatisms, but I can do

someTable={}
setmetatable( someTable, { __index = table} )

and I am set to do someTable:insert(), someTable:concat(), etc. Neat.

Unfortunately it is not as easy for strings. There actually is an automatism for strings in vanilla Lua, but it is turned off in Scribunto. [1]

Stephan

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Scribunto/Lua_reference_manual#Metatables:"Note: In Lua, all strings also share a single metatable, in which __index refers to the string table. This metatable is not accessible in Scribunto, nor is the referenced `string` table; the string table available to modules is a copy."