[MediaWiki-l] About $wgEnableDnsBlacklist set to true

[kgh] mediawiki at kghoffmeyer.de
Thu Jul 12 20:40:07 UTC 2018

Heiya Legoktm,

thanks a lot for you info and the pointer to the relevant configuration
parameter. Today I have updated the documentation of all four related
parameters and referenced each other for others to find the relevant
info faster in the future and without the need to ask here.

> From my reading of the code in 1.31, it's only supposed to apply to anonymous users - is it only happening on log in?

I have been told that it was happening on login thus preventing login.
In other words: it prevents an anonymous user from logging in and become
a logged in user. I personally would expect that the software looks at
the user name checks if this one is allowed to edit judging by the user
rights assigned to the user account and lets the ananymous user log into
that user account if it is ok.

Perhaps something that broke starting 1.27? Anyways will this be worth
creating a task? I guess so.

Cheers Karsten