[MediaWiki-l] fixing the database after adding a custom namespace

Evans, Richard K. (GRC-H000) richard.k.evans at nasa.gov
Tue Jul 10 22:12:46 UTC 2018

A while back I imported pages from the custom namespace of another wiki to the Main namespace of my wiki (e.g. XYZ:pagenames). The pages worked fine in the Main namespace.

Recently I created that custom namespace and was hoping that the old pages would magically relocate themselves into the new namespace ... they did not. Nor are they accessible anymore by any means that I know of. They show up in a list pages from Special:AllPages looking only at the Main namespace, but when I click on them, it says the page does not exist.

Is there a maintenance script that will fix this?

-Rich

- Richard Evans, NASA GRC - Plum Brook Station
  http://www.linkedin.com/in/rkevans
  (c)216.973.4398