[MediaWiki-l] server-side sync of a namespace from wiki1 to wiki2

Evans, Richard K. (GRC-H000) richard.k.evans at nasa.gov
Mon Jul 9 14:04:34 UTC 2018

These are great options. Thanks for the responses.

I think i have conflated a few separate goals that I'd like to clarify here:
1) A hook-based extension to sync pages between wikis when they are edited (aka a "real-time edit-triggered push")
2) An admin script to sync an entire namespace at once to use in a cron job.
3) A way to make some namespaces public and others private

Brian's "SplitPrivateWiki" extension is a nearly perfect solution for #3

Nischay's "wikiImporter" script is a nearly perfect solution for #2

I'm actually going to experiment with an installation that uses both of these solutions at once.

I am still very interested in a solution for #1 above. I'm wondering if I might be able to modify the "HelpPages" or "GlobalUserPage" extensions [0,1] to be usable for arbitrary namespaces.

[0] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:HelpPages
[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:GlobalUserPage

I do feel like I am converging on a solution :-D
-Rich