[MediaWiki-l] (no subject)

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Sat Jan 20 14:16:22 UTC 2018

I am a user of the mediawiki softwares to build specialized SQLite
wikis - as a user/author personal management tool/interface/blog,
etc. that can be replicated for back-up and convenience on several
machines. I run this way several hundred of thematics or friends'
sites I name "bliks" ("live book in line"). This allows
publishing/maintaining documentation/debate/research/local
pages/personal positions/etc. without being limited by the wikipedic neutrality

I am asked to make it a product that friends and cities could use.
The way I manage the farm of them calls for one hour or two to set
one bliks with all the basic pages, images, etc. I am willing to
consider a deployment package on an USB key or as part of an extended
LAMP installation.

However, this should be rationalized to integrate it with other
non-mediawiki features. So, I would be interested in knowing  (sorry
for the number of questions) :

- if someone has attempted such a project already ?
- where could I find a simple (images included) comprehensive
description of the mediawiki software system architecture ?
- if there is a place where every command made possible by
main/extensions solutions and the corresponding PHP tool(s) are
listed and introduced - or how should I proceed to build such a reference ?
- if there were attempts to use functional programming to support the
mediawiki core (server side) instead of PHP ? This must is to stay
fully compatible with the mediwiki page format.
- if there is a reliable way to protect access/write rights on single
pages (so no one else than a specific authorized user can update a page ?)
- last but not least: would there be some interested in sharing in my
project (on/outside of this list) ?

Thank you of your help
jfcm