[MediaWiki-l] Database exceeds size limit

Brett Langston brett.langston at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Dec 28 09:41:33 UTC 2018

Hi Brian,

The text table takes up around 83% of the content, as there are around 8000 pages in the wiki, some of which are quite long and frequently edited. I didn't know about $wgCompressRevisions when I originally set the wiki up, but at the moment even maintenance scripts like deleteArchivedRevisions.php don't have enough free memory to run, so there's not much chance of successfully using compressOld.php now. All the cached tables have been truncated, and some of the logging table deleted, leaving just over 1Mb wiggle room for now.

The ISP is completely inflexible about the size limit, so the only long-term solution may be to create a new installation (with $wgCompressRevisions set) and import just the most recent versions of the pages into it.

Cheers,

Brett