[MediaWiki-l] What is <admin> in install.php

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 20:37:12 UTC 2018

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 3:25 PM Jeff Darlington
<jeff.darlington at gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Jeff.

> The answer is right there in the output of the --help command:
>
> <admin>: The username of the wiki administrator.

But it was provided in the command. I used "root". Or maybe I am
missing something obvious. Are you certain Usage is correct?

> It's the username of your wiki's admin user.

Is that different from the wikiuser that was created in the earlier
step or root?

> See the example here: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Install.php#Examples

Thanks. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Installing_MediaWiki
should link to the page.

A quick question.... Does install.php create LocalSettings.php? If so
I have my old one (that does not seem to work with the new install).

Jeff