[MediaWiki-l] Convert mediawiki to static website question

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 08:24:37 UTC 2017

This is a use case worth covering for any CMS, in my opinion. Currently
when one doesn't want to maintain a CMS any longer I'm forced to tell
them to crawl with wget-warc/wpull (possibly via ArchiveTeam), submit to
Internet Archive and then somehow redirect users. Few CMS seem to care
about it though.

In practice the only "official" solutions we have are:
* https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:DumpHTML + any webserver
* http://www.kiwix.org/ + kiwix-serve (mwoffliner via Parsoid)

 From https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T17017 and
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T93396#1136904 , it seems WMF has no
interest in providing a static HTML format which is directly usable.

Nemo