[MediaWiki-l] [Wikitech-l] [WikimediaMobile] MobileFrontend disruption: Plans to break Minerva out into its own repository

Jon Robson jrobson at wikimedia.org
Tue Jul 18 23:04:40 UTC 2017

This is now done and deployed in production! Thanks to everyone involved.
Special thanks to Tyler and Chad for their help with the rather
unexpectedly messy deployment.

https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T171000

The resulting repos can be seen here:
https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki-skins-MinervaNeue
https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki-extensions-MobileFrontend

The next step would be to break the MobileFrontend dependency on the
Minerva skin. I've setup an epic
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T171000 (subtasks
to be filed as I find them) and would appreciate help doing this if anyone
is looking for a fun side project and interested in improving our skin
ecosystem!

There is a milestone on the MinervaNeue project tracking all open bugs:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/board/2799/

Your help is welcomed and appreciated!!

‪On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 10:46 AM ‫יגאל חיטרון‬‎ <khitron at post.bgu.ac.il>

Jon Robson