[MediaWiki-l] Readonly wiki and Read/Wright wiki serving the same pages

Iso Bar openshift.isobar at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 05:05:04 UTC 2017

Hi. How to make two wikis such that

    1. wiki A can only read the page.
    2. wiki B allows both read and write the page
    3. The pages on wiki A and wiki B are the same
    4. They use the same MySQL database.

Is that possible? I am thinking about aggressively cut down the
resource.php and remove all extensions for the read only wiki to make it
faster.

I installed Mediawiki on a free shared host, which allows 2 cron jobs that
don't use too much cpu/memory per day.

PHP seems slow. I don't have a domain name and so can't use cloud flare.
I tried file cache, enabled PHP7's mod_deflat with cPannel, requested APCu,
OpCache and:

$wgMessageCacheType = CACHE_ACCEL;
$wgUseFileCache = true;
$wgCacheDirectory = "$IP/cache";
$wgUseLocalMessageCache = true;
$wgParserCacheType = CACHE_DB;
$wgEnableSidebarCache = true;

# NO DB HITS!
$wgDisableCounters = true;
$wgMiserMode = true;

$wgRevisionCacheExpiry = 3*24*3600;
$wgParserCacheExpireTime = 14*24*3600;

I didn't try the trick that serves the cached page directly without going
through PHP because I worry things will slow down when the number of pages
increased.

Thanks in advance