[MediaWiki-l] Status of sitemap generators

Jean Valjean jeanvaljean2718 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 16:41:58 UTC 2017

Did anyone ever fix the sitemap generator maintenance script, after it
broke in v1.16? See
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:GenerateSitemap.php

I put my sitemap index file into google and it found the .xml.gz files in
that directory but gave me "Invalid URL" errors for each one. So I ran
DaSch's alternative script and got Fatal error: Call to undefined method
MWNamespace::isMain() on line 248.

If it's just looking to see if we're in namespace 0, that should be trivial
to hack, but I just wanted to see what the status of MediaWiki sitemap tool
development is at this point before pursuing that. Thanks.