[MediaWiki-l] Stopping Users from Creating Account

Brian Wolff bawolff at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 14:24:24 UTC 2017

That is exactly what the createaccount permission is. Do something like (i
havent tested this and im a little rusty on the autopromote syntax):

$wgGroupPermissions['*']['createaccount'] = true;
$wgRevokePermissions['usernotadmin']['createaccount'] = true;
$wgAutopromote = [
 'usernotadmin' =>
    [ '&', [ APCOND_INGROUPS, 'user' ], [ '!', [ APCOND_INGROUPS, 'sysop'
]]]
];

--
Brian