[MediaWiki-l] Installing Mediawiki

Gabriel Wicke gwicke at wikimedia.org
Tue Jul 4 05:21:19 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 9:31 PM, John <phoenixoverride at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does this require multiple boxes or can it be deployed on a single system?

The current default setup runs all these containers on a single machine,
using minikube <https://github.com/kubernetes/minikube>. The current target
for this dev environment is to use less than ~2G memory overall. On OSX and
Windows, minikube runs the containers inside a virtual machine. On Linux,
there is now the option of either using a VM as well, or using native
docker containers. The native mode lowers the overheads significantly. The
entire cluster can start up within seconds.