[MediaWiki-l] Indent Sections feature and Extension status

Evans, Richard K. (GRC-H000) richard.k.evans at nasa.gov
Thu Aug 24 20:56:30 UTC 2017

Hello,

Hello.. I'd like to have the feature provided by the extension "IndentSections" [1], but I see that it is outdated and I'm concerned about compatibility with MW 1.28.2 and SMW 2.5.2.

I understand the core problem of this feature stems from the way mediawiki does not nest divs when rendering a page.

My basic question is, ... assuming that the feature is a requirement for me, what is the best way to implement indented sections in MW 1.28? Is the existing extension still the best approach? Or is there another way that this group would recommend?

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:IndentSections

Thanks!
-Rich