[MediaWiki-l] Is namespace specific CSS possible?

Stephan Gambke s7eph4n at protonmail.com
Wed Aug 2 19:28:32 UTC 2017


Trying again with the correct content (s/url/url/):
body.mediawiki {background-image: url(https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/mvHbePT-FyB8YpsjecAdCSvK7XoqOcsa4rqpCksWUDZ1koC_2cOfzvt2QU6rPsk5Yuri=w300) !important;background-repeat: repeat;}
If this does not work, I blame it on my mail provider.

> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Re: [MediaWiki-l] Is namespace specific CSS possible?
> Local Time: August 2, 2017 9:25 PM
> UTC Time: August 2, 2017 7:25 PM
> From: s7eph4n at protonmail.com
> To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list <mediawiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
> MediaWiki announcements and site admin list <mediawiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
> Hi Rich.
> First of all, Chameleon should support MediaWiki:Common.css. I just tried setting it to
> body.mediawiki {background-image: url(https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/mvHbePT-FyB8YpsjecAdCSvK7XoqOcsa4rqpCksWUDZ1koC_2cOfzvt2QU6rPsk5Yuri=w300) !important;background-repeat: repeat;}
> on a test wiki and it worked (Careful, this accesses an external resource!).
> If this really doesn't work, you could try adding your own less file. See https://github.com/cmln/chameleon/blob/master/docs/customization.md#changing-styles-fonts-colors-padding-etc
>
> Less is a superset of css, so anything you can put in a css file, you can also put in a less file. However, I suspect if it does not work in MediaWiki:Common.css, it won't work in its own file either. One issue with Twitter Bootstrap used by Chameleon is, that it sometimes sets css rules so specific, that they take precedence over what you try to set. So, make sure to be more specific.
> Cheers
> Stephan
>
>> -------- Original Message --------
>> Subject: Re: [MediaWiki-l] Is namespace specific CSS possible?
>> Local Time: August 2, 2017 7:21 PM
>> UTC Time: August 2, 2017 5:21 PM
>> From: richard.k.evans at nasa.gov
>> To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list <mediawiki-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
>> Hi Amanda, yes, thank you!
>> I just discovered that the default skin (monobook) is indeed able to do this with common.css, but then I quickly discovered that common.css seems to be completely ignored by the Semantic Mediawiki "Chameleon"
>> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Skin:Chameleon
>> It"s a great skin and I have other reasons for needing to use it. Can anyone give me a few pointers on how to change the css of a skin like that.. it seems to not use CSS at all.
>> -Rich
>> _______________________________________________
>> MediaWiki-l mailing list
>> To unsubscribe, go to:
>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l


More information about the MediaWiki-l mailing list