[MediaWiki-l] Is namespace specific CSS possible?

Stephan Gambke s7eph4n at protonmail.com
Wed Aug 2 19:25:20 UTC 2017

Hi Rich.
First of all, Chameleon should support MediaWiki:Common.css. I just tried setting it to
body.mediawiki {background-image: url(https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/mvHbePT-FyB8YpsjecAdCSvK7XoqOcsa4rqpCksWUDZ1koC_2cOfzvt2QU6rPsk5Yuri=w300) !important;background-repeat: repeat;}
on a test wiki and it worked (Careful, this accesses an external resource!).
If this really doesn't work, you could try adding your own less file. See https://github.com/cmln/chameleon/blob/master/docs/customization.md#changing-styles-fonts-colors-padding-etc

Less is a superset of css, so anything you can put in a css file, you can also put in a less file. However, I suspect if it does not work in MediaWiki:Common.css, it won't work in its own file either. One issue with Twitter Bootstrap used by Chameleon is, that it sometimes sets css rules so specific, that they take precedence over what you try to set. So, make sure to be more specific.
Cheers
Stephan